Share this post:
Plain old lemonade is delicious, but there is nothing special about it. Flavoring your lemonade with lavender is a great way to utilize the amazing medicinal properties of lavender.
Pure lavender oil is an incredible essential oil to use for your own health and wellness. Lavender oil has a chemically complex structure with over 150 active constituents, which explains its effectiveness at helping with a lot of health ailments. It possesses amazing anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antispasmodic, analgesic, detoxifier, hypotensive, and sedative properties.
Did You Know?
- The scent of lavender increases brain waves associated with relaxation.
- Lavender soothes the lining of the digestive tract and promotes the secretion of bile, which helps the body digest fats.
- Lemon aids in the digestion of fats.
- Lemon clears the liver so that it can function properly.
- For the relief of constipation drink lavender and honey lemonade, warm.
- To start the day with a cleanse, drink the lemonade warm. This will stimulate the colon.
- The essential oil of lavender has a calming, sedative, and anti-convulsive effect. It can also increase the effectiveness of other relaxants.
According to Mountain Rose Herbs:
Lavender honey is a wonderful recipe for preparing lemonade. You will end up with a refreshing lemonade with a great taste, which will clear your mind. We all are aware of honey and lemon’s numerous health benefits. Lavender is a cure for insomnia, nerves, clears the mind, improves digestion etc. The health benefits of all 3 of the main ingredients will get a great and very powerful healing beverage.
- 1 Cup Raw Honey
- 5 Cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon of dried Lavender
- 1 Drop Lavender oil( Therapeutic grade and organic)
- 1 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Ice Cubes
Add 2 ½ cups of water into a pot and place it over medium-high heat until it starts boiling, let it cool a little before you add in the honey.
Once cooled add the honey, and stir until it dissolves. After, add the lavender and lavender oil and let the mixture sit for at least 20 minutes.
Stir the mixture, add to a jug and pour the remaining water in and add the lemon juice.
Mix well and put the jug of lemonade into the refrigerator for at least one hour. Add Ice cubes before serving and for a fun party, idea garnish with lavender branches. Enjoy the refreshing lemonade, cheers!